Does the idea of fundraising make your head spin? Are you in need of sponsorship but no clue how - or who - to pitch? This workshop is a beginners course for anyone curious about how to establish brand partnerships and raise the funds to make your ideas happen.
Key takeaways include:
- Who do I pitch?
- How do I pitch?
- What do you say in the pitch to get them on board?
- What's the best timeline for getting sponsorship? How soon should I reach out?
- How do I know who is the right sponsors with whom to partner?
- How many sponsors and/or partners should I aim to get?
- And most importantly: how do I close?
About the instructor:
Claire Wasserman is the Director of Marketing at Working Not Working. She's raised $2 million dollars over the course of her career, garnering sponsorship for initiatives as diverse as a Bosnian short film, a chess program for New York public schools, an exhibit about the history of the pencil, and the Art Directors Club. Her brand partnership include Mount Gay Rum, ClassPass, Shutterstock, Squarespace, Airbnb, and the Hoxton Hotel.