This workshop will teach you everything you need to know about debt and student loans. And how to get rid of them, once and for all.
- Back to basics: understanding credit cards, how to build good credit
- Student loans: The ins and outs of student loans, including types of loans, interest rates, lenders vs. servicers, and how to figure out exactly how much you owe (even if it makes you cringe)
- How to get help: Lower your monthly bill through income-driven repayment or refinancing
- Learn about loan forgiveness (the holy grail): You don't have to pay back all your loans if you work for the government or a nonprofit; how to qualify, and how to apply
- Avoid scams: The truth about those texts, phone calls and Facebook ads saying you can get help — for a fee
About the Instructor
Brianna McGurran is a staff writer at NerdWallet, where she covers how 20- and 30-somethings can manage money, pay off student loans and find jobs they love. She also writes a syndicated personal finance column, "Ask Brianna," for the Associated Press. Before joining NerdWallet, Brianna wrote for the New York Observer and contributed to the NPR affiliates Oregon Public Broadcasting and WNYC. She studied business and economics reporting at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
**All genders welcome, no refunds.**