Going to a protest every weekend but wondering if your voice is being heard? Join Hillary Clinton's former Deputy Director of Operations to learn the essentials of taking the next step from activism to affecting policy. Rebecca Davis of Rally + Rise and Monica F. Guerra, co-founder & chair of WIN.NYC, will be our special guests.
This workshop will give you a better understanding of how the political system works and ways we can hold elected officials accountable. It's for anyone who has been fired up over the election and wants to get strategic about how to affect change.
- Ways to get your voice heard by your local lawmakers
- Overview of the political system
- Ways to get more politically active (so for people who aren't ready or interested in running for office but want to participate more in our democracy)
- How to run for office - a better understanding of what goes into running a campaign/getting elected
- List of resources on how to continue to be active
About the instructor
Alessandra Biaggi was the former Deputy Director of Operations for Hillary Clinton's campaign. She also served under Governor Cuomo as the Assistant General Counsel for the Office of Storm Recovery and prior to that, she was a Legal Fellow at New York States Home and Community Renewal. Alessandra graduated from Fordham Law School and attended the Women's Campaign School at Yale University.
Thank you to Awesome, a UI/UX design agency for startups, for hosting us in their beautiful space.
Women only, no refunds.