Why is it so damn hard for creative people to talk about money?
For those of us who do creative work, it can be particularly difficult to price ourselves—let alone talk about money openly. For many creatives, it's stressful just making ends meet. So join us for a roundtable where we'll discuss all that and more. Whether you do creative work for a living or have a secret desire to work in an artsy field, this event is a must-attend.
- Defining/defying titles: what does it mean to be a "creative"?
- Balance between artistry and commercial work: what is "selling out"?
- The exposure vortex: when is okay to work for free and/or trade vs. getting paid?
- How to raise our prices fairly while remaining competitive?
- Melissa Alam, founder of Femme & Fortune
- Jill Greenberg, photographer / filmmaker / champion of ladies
- Jen Dziurza, founder of Get Bullish
- Shawna X, visual designer / artist / teacher
104 Fifth Ave, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10011
Wine & light bites served. Those identifying as female and non-binary folks welcome.