A recent study by McKinsey shows that women account for 53% of corporate entry-level jobs, but only hold 37% of mid-management roles. That number drops to 26% for vice presidents and senior managers, and given only 11% of women choose to leave the workplace permanently to have children, there's something much bigger at play.
Between our always-on culture and the high expectations placed on us by our employers, our families, and ourselves, saying no can be really hard. At this town hall, we'll talk about our experiences with burnout and strategies for establishing the boundaries and self-care practices that can help us avoid it. As with each town hall, we'll ask our panelists to share their stories, and then we'll open the discussion to the room, and encourage everyone to share or ask something.
- Joyce Chung, Sr. Regional Marketing Manager, Health-Ade Kombucha
- Aimee Helfand, CEO and Founder, Famileague
- Jennifer Howd, Author, Developmental Editor, UCLA Certified Mindfulness Facilitator
- Miki Reynolds, Executive Director, Grid 110
- Storme Whitby-Grubb, Creative Director and Music Industry Veteran
2415 Michigan Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404