Female employees are faced with a myriad of challenges in the workplace, which often hold them back from reaching higher leadership levels within their organizations. While we wait for the rest of society to catch up and make room for women, female employees can use this workshop to make strides for themselves.
In this experiential, on-your-feet workshop, participants will develop the communication techniques necessary to navigate professional environments assertively, while using warmth and tact. They will learn how to speak up for themselves, respond to micro-aggressions, and uplift fellow female colleagues.
This workshop is highly interactive and on-your-feet. Please come in clothing you feel comfortable moving in, if possible.
Who is this workshop best for?
Anyone and everyone. If you're currently full-time, you should absolutely ask your company to compensate you for this class. You'll bring back skills that will greatly benefit them! This class costs less than what you spend on those Venti Starbucks coffees you get every day each month :)
Participants will practice:
- Portraying confidence through body language and vocal habits
- Giving off both strength and warmth, in order to combat the double bind that women in leadership face
- Moving from apologizing to directness, and finding the professional balance that fits with their communication style
- Responding to micro-aggressions, using established strategies as well as phrases that feel comfortable to each individual
- Vouching for fellow female colleagues, which studies show is a simple, yet effective method for reducing bias in a positive manner
About the instructor:
This workshop is led by Jen Jamula of GoldJam Creative (goldjamcreative.com). Founders/instructors Allison Goldberg and Jen Jamula coach communication skills – such as public speaking, pitching, giving and receiving feedback, diversity and inclusion, effective communication, and more - to individuals and companies, including Spotify, Time Warner, Buzzfeed, Penguin Random House, and American Express. Jen and Alli (alliandjen.com) are also comedians, who were ranked among the "top ten funniest women in NYC" and whose comedy projects have been featured in WIRED, Forbes, Newsweek, Vice, among others. For more information about this workshop, company workshops, or private coaching, please email Emily@GoldJamCreative.com.
101 5th Ave, 10th floor
New York, NY 10003